Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wow, what a deal!


I feel like I hit the jackpot today! I’ve been searching for a good deal on a 20 gallon long tank for several weeks now. Aqueon makes kits that sell for much, much less than buying all the pieces individually.  The sizes go 10, 20, 29, 55. Unfortunately the 20 gal kit is tall.  They don’t make a long kit. The 20 gal tall kit is only $70 for everything: heater, filter, net, hood, light and more. I really wanted the 20 long, but I didn’t want to spend $70 on the glass tank, $40 on a heater, $40 on a filter, and $75 on hood/light. $225 for a 20 long or $70 for a 20 tall? Hmmmmm.
Anyways, I tried speaking with the local pet store and they generously offered me the 20 long with all the accessories for only $60. That’s right $60 for a full 20 gallon aquarium set up! I freaked out. They could have easily tried to extort me, but the owner was nice enough to give me a fantastic deal. I will definitely be returning there for future purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment